We got in the bees today. We confirmed the queen is alive and well in our single-story Nuc. Which means it's ready to go to a new beekeeper!
The last time we got into the 2-story Nuc, there was no queen. So we left it alone for 3 weeks and were thrilled to find lots and lots of eggs in it this morning. Unfortunately, we couldn't find the queen even though she was obviously there! So, in a couple of weeks we'll get back in and make an effort to locate her. As soon as we do, we can mark her and send that Nuc on its merry way, as well.
In other news, Scarlett continues to be spoiled rotten, living in the kitchen. She's walking fine and putting weight on her left leg.
And trying to escape the little 'cage' we made to contain her under the kitchen table, since she is back to being able to jump.
Her abscess is beginning to heal (look away now if you don't want to see a picture!)
You can see where it's closing up, and the lump is definitely getting smaller.
I'm just spraying it a couple times a day with Vetericyn... keeping an eye on it to make sure it's not getting red or hot. So far, so good.