Rosey the Riveter

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry Jalapeno Jam

My new counters we installed yesterday!  The plumber will be here today to hook up the faucet, but I had strawberries that NEEDED attention, so I decided to can them up even without the use of my sink.

You want 4 cups of mashed strawberries and one cup of chopped jalapenos.  Miraculously, those were the exact measurements that I had... I used up the berries we picked the other day and also the frozen jalapenos from last fall's harvest.

Mix in a large saucepan with 1/4 c lemon juice and a package of pectin.

Bring to a boil, then add 7 cups of sugar.  Return to a boil and let it go for a minute.

Bottle 'em up and BWB for 10 minutes.

I got the equivalent of about 9 1/2-pint jars (not pictured is the one already in the fridge!)  It's not a hot jam, but it definitely has a kick to it.  I can't wait to serve it over cream cheese with homemade crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment