Rosey the Riveter

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yogurt Fruit Roll Ups


I made the kids smoothies this morning for breakfast (cereal?  who misses it?), and of course there were left-overs.  I've made enough smoothies to know that putting them back in the freezer doesn't cut it... so I spread it on a dehydrator sheet and a few hours later I had some yummy yogurt fruit roll ups! 

Welch's has some yogurt-fruit snacks on the market, so I was curious and decided to check the ingredients, which can be found here.  You will notice that sugar and corn syrup are the second and third ingredients, followed by lots of ingredients that are difficult to pronounce.

Ingredients in MY yogurt-fruit snacks?    Frozen fruit.  Homemade yogurt (milk).  Homemade cranberry juice (cranberries, a bit of sugar).  No preservatives, artificial ingredients, or colors.    If I can do it, why can't Welch's?

No comments:

Post a Comment