Rosey the Riveter

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Handmade Ornament Swap

Last year, a member of my homesteading group hosted a handmade ornament swap.  I had such a fun time that as soon as it was over, I was already thinking about what to do for THIS Christmas.  I wanted to make something that represented some aspect of homesteading... so when I saw repurposed canning lids painted as snowmen, I knew that's what it was going to be.
 This is a pink one that I made especially for Abby, because it's her favorite color.
These are all the ones I made for the swap.
 My friend Kylene made the felt chickens.
 And Valerie got some Oyster Shells from a local restaurant and painted them up!

There were many more creative ideas, and I love that every year as I hang them on our tree, I will be reminded of a great group of people who have taught me so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment