Rosey the Riveter

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Haul

Yesterday afternoon was the larder swap.  We had 25 people show up, which was less than the last swap... BUT... it was fine.  It was less chaotic.  I got to chat it up with more people. 

At the last minute, I decided to make a batch of homemade peanut butter.  It's a good thing... it was my most popular item!  Here are the pictures I snapped of most of the goodies.  There were some late-comers and I never got a chance to photograph their stuff.
 Pecans, hand made soap, and eggs from my friend Kylene at Roses Ridge Farm
Hot mustard, Southwestern Spiced Turnip Relish and Apple Conserve from Courtney.  I am so glad I tried the turnip relish.  It was amazing...
 Lipbalm, Amish White Bread, Soup, and Room Spray also from Courtney.
 Banana Bread, Vanilla Orange Marmelade, Chocolate Sauce, and other goodies from Peg.
 Vanilla Bing Cherries and brick-oven bread from Jackie. 
 Apples and Pepper Relish from Paula.  The relish is like crack.  Seriously.  So good.
 Lisa's Banana Split in a Jar.  Good Stuff!!!
 Robin's Spiced Grape Butter (shockingly good), Pear preserves, Apple Jelly, and Pepper Jelly

 Donna Rae's Pear Cranberry Pie Filling.  It's going to make an amazing crisp!
Nancy brought so many goodies... Hot cocoa mix, ginger bread butter, Spiced Honey Butter (YUM!), Caramel Sauce, and more...
 Bread and Butter Pickles, Beets, and I forget what the last one was.  These are from Nancy's Mom.
 More of Nancy's things.
 Pecan's from Judi's tree, and Bay leaves, too.
 Seasoning Mixes.  I forgot who had these!
 Balms and Tinctures from Sandy
 Chatting it up before the chaos!

 When all was said and done, the tables were all full!
 My haul!  Lots of goodies to try.

This is my stuff on the table.  The kids decided they want to make their own stuff to for the next one.  They weren't alone.  So, at the next swap in June the kids will have their own swap on the other side of the room.  We're calling it the "Future Homesteaders Larder Swap."


1 comment:

  1. This event was wonderful... and made a very hectic week dissolve away into fun and friendship!

    ReplyDelete