Rosey the Riveter

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In Bloom

Every February, I curse the Knock-Out Roses that came with the house.  I hate pruning them, and no matter what I wear, I always get cut up.  Last year, they suffered terribly with what I now know is Black Spot (thanks to my Master Gardener training!  Knock-Outs are supposed to be highly resistant.  HA!).  This year, they appear to be rewarding me for my diligent care.  I have never seen so many blooms.  The yellow roses by the front steps:

 The container I assembled between the garage doors.
 The pink Knock-Outs around the maple tree (with blueberries in the containers):
Me playing with my Aperture Setting:

 More pink Knock-Outs around the Crepe Myrtle:

 One of the last Azalea's:
 More Azalea's, from the bush that had been languishing in full-on sun.  I moved it this Spring, and it is thanking me profusely (more Aperture playing):
 The Garden.  Sam the Scarecrow came home with me from the thrift store yesterday:
 Chives blooming, as well as German Chamomile:
Yarrow, a gift from a friend:
The Amarylis that I planted out front in the daffodil bed.  I am relieved it made it through the winter.  It has thrown off 4 babies that I will separate after they are all done blooming:
We are in the throes of Strawberry Season here.  I picked my 55th pound of the year today.  So far, they've all been either made into low-sugar Strawberry Jam (I also tried Strawberry Chocolate Mint and Strawberry Lemon Verbena) or dehydrated.  I will freeze less than I did last year, but I do need to go get more and freeze some.
Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment