Rosey the Riveter

Saturday, April 14, 2012

More Bees

The Beekeepers Guild had a potluck event today and we got to get in the hives.  Joanna was so excited that her jacket came in!  She was a natural, and not at all afraid of the bees.

Abby surprised me, too.  She put on a veil and got in to watch the action for a few minutes.  But then she was done!

I love these events, as it's always so interesting to talk to the veteran beekeepers.  They are very willing to help and share and I can see that it's very easy to get sucked in!  

I came home and planted up some of the tomatoes I bought at a plant sale early this morning.  I got a Cherokee Purple, an Arkansas Traveler, and an Eva Purple.  They are all indeterminates, so now I have to figure out how I am going to trellis them.  All the other trellis areas have been taken by the melons and Old Virginia Tomatoes I got in a swap with my Homesteaders League.  I also planted two Romas.  This is my first attempt at tomatoes, so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment